Click logo to go to homepage

  About Us Company News Conmpleted Projects Downloads Useful Links Job Vacancies & Career Opportunities Directions to LIVECO  



Old Low Light Lighthouse


North Shields


Client – Tyne & Wear Building Preservation Trust

Architect – Ian Ness

Completion – May 2013

Value - £360,000

The work involved the refurbishment and extending of a derelict building. Old Low Light was built as a navigational lighthouse inside Clifford’s Fort in 1723-33 and extended in 1775. It was converted to Almshouses In 1806-8 and has subsequently be extended and modified over the years and used for many other purposes.  

Our contract involve the works to external shell including and extension to the rear and once more funding has been secure the client is hoping to complete the remaining fit out works to enable the building to be used for exhibition space and a café for visitors. The project was heavily externally funded from numerous sources, so we had to work closely with the client to ensure the work and paperwork met the funders various criteria.